Daikin’s Ductless AC and Heat Pump Warranty Protection
With any relatively new technology, consumers often wonder about reliability. When it comes to mini-split air conditioners and heat pumps, the technology is well established and equipment is reliable and gives long, trouble-free service. Minneapolis St. Paul area residents can rely on products from Daikin to keep their homes comfortable for many years to come. As the most experienced heating and air conditioning contractor in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area, the technicians of Twin Cities Comfort have installed many of these efficient systems in homes and businesses and can attest to their reliability.
Product warranties are another way that homeowners and commercial property owners can assure themselves of reliability. Manufacturers offer parts warranties on this equipment that reflect their trouble-free operation over time. Daikin, as a highly respected global manufacturer, provides some of the best warranty protection available from any company for their mini-split single and multi-zone duct-free air conditioners and heat pumps. But the warranty period is just the beginning of their lifetime, and these units typically provide trouble-free service long after the warranty has expired. Daikin’s warranty terms vary from model to model and depend in part on how they are used:
Warranty Protection for Daikin Residential Ductless AC and Heat Pump Models
The terms below are for mini-split air conditioners installed in owner-occupied residential properties. To qualify for the full warranty period, owners must have the system installed by a licensed contractor and register their product within 60 days of installation.
- High-Efficiency 19-Series and LV-Series Single and Multi-Zone Models – These are the most popular systems installed at Twin Cities homes. They are covered by a full 12-year limited parts and compressor warranty.
- Standard Efficiency 15 Series Models – These economically priced systems are covered by a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and all functional parts.
- SkyAir Models – Used primarily for whole house and commercial applications, these products are covered by a 10-year limited parts and compressor warranty.
Limitations and Restrictions Apply to All HVAC Products
Daikin, like all other manufacturers has some restrictions to their warranty coverage. Some of those general restrictions are listed below:
- Only replacement parts are covered. Labor to install those parts is not covered.
- A licensed HVAC contractor must install the product.
- Products purchased online and not installed by a licensed contractor are not covered. This prevents "gray-market" equipment designed for other markets from being sold in the USA by disreputable sellers.
- Warranty protection only covers failures due to manufacturing defects.
- Damage from natural causes, improper installation, improper maintenance, and parts not supplied by the original manufacturer are not covered.
Rental Property and Commercial Installations Have Different Warranty Terms
For ductless mini-split products installed at properties not occupied by the owner or at commercial properties, different terms apply. Ask us for the details of coverage when you consult with us. We’ll be happy to explain specific coverage terms for these uses. Our HVAC consultants have this information and can give you the details.
Extended Service Plans Available
Daikin Extended Service Plans are available for most products for a modest additional cost. These cover parts and labor costs if repairs are needed and provide additional assurance for owners about the reliability and performance of the purchased equipment. Costing only pennies a day, this additional protection is a valuable option.
Daikin Ductless AC & Heat Pump Dealer Serving the Twin Cities Metro Area
Throughout the Minneapolis St. Paul area, in all seven-counties, homeowners and business owners trust the expertise, experience and A+ BBB reputation of Twin Cities Comfort. In Minneapolis St. Paul and in every surrounding suburban community, we provide outstanding sales, installation and service of the full range of heating and air conditioning equipment, including top-rated Daikin products. In cities from Bloomington, Burnsville, Coon Rapids, Minnetonka and Plymouth to Maple Grove, Eagan, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins and every other city and town, our Minneapolis headquarters is near your home. Call us today for a free consultation and competitive price quote on an installation that is ideally matched to your home and budget.